Wednesday 20 June 2012

Video Game Series Review: Thatgamecompany (Sony era)

OK so I promised to do a review of Journey and I then decided to do a series review of the games that have lead up to Journey. This is my series review of the Thatgamecompany video game series (which is a video game development company that are currently on a contract with Sony Computer Entertainment):

Note: yes I am aware that there was a game made by this company for the PC before Sony's acquisition, but I won't be going into detail about that as I've never played that game.

flOw:
Flow is a video game that is a remade version of the award winning flash game of the same name. The game has you controlling some sort of worm/snake like creature through an aquatic world and collecting organisms (yes I know it sounds weird) in order to proceed. As you progress, it gets harder as the stuff that you collect will begin to fight back so be ready for that. This is a very relaxing and enjoyable game, but like with all downloadable games, half the time, it will feel very weird. Otherwise, a very good game. 8/10

Flower:
Flower was one of the first PS3 games I played and was also one of the reasons why I wanted a PS3. You basically control the wind and use the petals on the wind to grow flowers of all shapes and sizes that often will create a tune to go with it. All the levels are very fun and enjoyable and always show the tone of the story about the flowers. Its very fun, relaxing and enjoyable and is one of those games that will calm you down if you are really stressed. 9/10

Journey:
Here it is, the one you've been waiting for. In Journey, you control a robed person who uses the wind to fly and uses his/her/it's singing to solve puzzles in the dessert. Its a very good third person game and also offers co-op features that are used to its advantage. Very good game and is just as relaxing as the previous two. 9/10

Overall, while I don't feel that the games are for the hardcore gamer, they certainly are made for the casual gamer and definitely worth buying if you're in to this kind of stuff. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...