Tuesday 5 May 2015

TV Episode Review - Afterlife (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S2, E16) + Beasts of Prey (Gotham S1, E19)

In today's post, Skye is taken to some kind of haven in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Bruce goes after Reginald Payne in Gotham. Let's tune in shall we:

Afterlife
So as I said, Skye is taken to a place called Afterlife which is claimed to be a haven where she can learn how to use her newly found powers. Meanwhile, Fitz makes one difficult decision (but it ends on a happy note) and Coulson goes to seek help from Mike Peterson. Yep, that's the episode in a nutshell. I think from a character development perspective, its definitely giving Skye a chance to see how she goes about with her powers and I like that. I do however find that they aren't really doing what S.H.I.E.L.D. are really supposed to be doing which is stopping Hydra which thus far they have done nuff all and I just find that the show really needs to get back on track if we are ever to get anywhere. Though if this is in the build up to the Ultron tie in episode, then I understand, but it could be better. 7/10

Beasts of Prey
So despite being warned numerous times by Gordon to not go after Payne, Bruce with the help of Selina, does so anyway and finds out the truth, while also being threatened as well. Meanwhile, Gordon and Bullock tackle a cold murder case and actually find Nygma useful for once, Penguin goes about trying to tackle the mobsters again and Mooney hatches a plan to escape the island with some consequences. A very packed episode this one and with it being nearly the end of the series, I have to say, I am enjoying it a lot. This series has certainly set the foundation for the rest of the show in that its main point is to explore the origins of the Batman universe in a way that has never been done before, but following a similar suite to Smallville. Its good, it really is. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...