Friday 25 December 2015

Christmas Day Special: TV Episode Review - The Husbands of River Song (Doctor Who, Christmas Special 2015)

Merry Christmas everyone and for today, I review the Doctor Who Christmas Special for 2015 where the Doctor meets an old friend:

So the Doctor like he does, is just minding his own business where a guy called Nardole (played by Matt Lucas from Little Britain) is seeking a surgeon and just so happens to bump into the Doctor. The Doctor agrees to assist Nardole and they come across a landed flying saucer and inside it, an old friend of The Doctor who seems to not recognise him, but nevertheless, puts him to work on her so called "husband" and action ensues soon after.

So first of all, I think its great to see River Song return as we haven't seen her since the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who back in 2013. During the episode, I kept wanting to say "just tell her you're the Doctor!!!" because it just winded me up that they just kept pretending not to know each other. But that's OK as they had some funny moments. I will say its an OK special in that it tries to not be too festive, but festive enough to make it good. Everyone acted their parts well, the story was not entirely well written but still good nevertheless and its also very action packed as well. And I suppose just like with series 9, we'll have to wait towards the end of 2016 to see the next series, but that's fine with me any day. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...