Thursday 21 July 2016

Random Video Game Review - EVE: Valkyrie

So unlike Lucky's Tale, this game is not entirely exclusive to the Oculus Rift, but from what Wikipedia is telling me, you can also get this on PlayStation VR which kind of makes it a timed exclusive on the Rift. Anyway so I think the idea behind this game is to give you a sci-fi battle like experience where you are in space in a big massive space battle. Now I know that this is more of a spin off from the main games EVE Online, but I'd say it works quite well in VR so let's check it out:

Not much to say about the story other than its set well into the far future where humanity now resides across the Milky Way. So serving as a cockpit VR experience, you get to control your ship and navigate it through space battles and take part in them. Honestly that's all you need to know about this game. There is nothing else to say about it.

This game was hyped up to be Oculus's killer app and honestly, I don't really see why. I mean don't get me wrong, it is a good game and all that, but I personally wouldn't consider it a killer app. Its more of a sci-fi experience and you can't really call it a killer app when the Oculus Rift has been around for not very long. Still, its a good experience that puts you into the action as it unfolds. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...