Thursday 5 May 2022

Random Video Game Review - Warpips

 
Yes, everyone, it's time for another "Steam game that is on sale" review. There's a lot of us that enjoy playing Command and Conquer and a few that like playing Nexus Wars. Now we have a game where the description explains that this would be the result if both those games had a baby and honestly, it's not that far off from what may actually be the result of that. Insane, with a retro feel and very much a strategy game in every way. Looks like my kind of game, though as those of you who know me well, most games are my kind of games. Especially those with a retro feel to them because retro is cool, and it was what was around when I was growing up (well for a little while and then 3D graphics took over). So enough talk, let's take a look at this:

So the developers make out that this game as I just said is what would happen if Command and Conquer and Nexus Wars had a baby made literally out of tanks and napalm. You get to set loose the engine of war and basically have a front row seat to the chaos that this physics based combat game has. You can assemble your army from a diverse range of things typically used in war like environments and games like this. And you can pretty much do everything you want to do in a war zone without the need for any unnecessary micromanagement. Big picture is the focus, 10-20 minutes per round, and it's easy to learn, but hard to master. Battles are randomized with plenty of replayability, a deep sense of strategy and tight combat among many other things.

You know what I really like about this game, is how honest the developers are. They said you would have a good time in this game, and I certainly did. Not a single monetization thing in sight. You basically get what you paid for in full with optional DLC if you want it. It's great fun, love the retro feel to it and basically if you want a fun retro strategy game without any difficulty or nonsense, you'll get that here. And before anyone says anything, I am praising this game without being bribed. These are my own thoughts, I have not been given the game for free. I bought it with my own money and that is that. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...