Thursday 30 May 2024

TV Season Review - American Horror Story (Season 12: Delicate: Part 2)

 
A while ago, I reviewed the first part of this, thinking it was the entire season in one. But as I now realise, it was just the first part. Now I have here the second part and if I'm being honest, I kind of feel that American Horror Story, has lost the horror element that made earlier seasons so good. It's like its succumbed to anything popular, through in some LGBT content and maybe a few scares. I don't know, maybe I am missing something (and I'm totally not against any of that), but let's see how this season (the first to be based on a book) ends:

Honestly, it is tough to explain a second half of a season without the spoilers, and there are a lot of spoilers if you haven't seen the first half. But from what I can say, certain things occur including love, betrayal, Oscars and quite a lot of chanting. Leading into a surprise twist that probably some people saw coming, but not me.

I'll be honest, I have never been a fan of any of the Kardashians. They make their daily lives a big deal, and it's hard to really take any of them seriously when the family is just so full of themselves. So to me, watching Kim actually not play herself, was definitely a strange thing to watch. On the other hand, Emma Roberts is an actress I can take seriously who is good-looking and can do dramatic parts and comedic parts well and convincingly. Even if the roles she gets, makes her out to not be a nice person (with many exceptions, of course). So overall, not my favourite season of American Horror Story and I hope they at least try to be better going forward or end it if the horror part is just not there anymore. 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...