Monday 27 May 2024

TV Season Review - Blood of Zeus (Season 2)

 
When I reviewed the first season of this show, I don't think I saw anywhere of it being renewed for more seasons. But I'm glad to hear that it's expected to last for 5 seasons, as it was pretty good as I recall in the first season. Now we got season 2 which will no doubt continue the brutal violence, the whole Greek mythology shtick and maybe a bit of romance too. It's an anime that definitely knows the style it wants to go for. So let's see how season 2 plays out:

With Zeus (reprised by Jason O'Mara) dead, the world begins to struggle. In an attempt to save it, Heron (reprised by Derek Phillips) sends a message out to do just that. In the process, he must face a few personal challenges, including facing some old and new foes, forging more alliances and more! Plus, some flashbacks reveal the tragic backstories of some of these characters.

A pretty solid second season that is beautifully animated, well voice acted and actually made me feel something for the characters. The violence is a little tame in places and parts do drag on at points, but otherwise a good second season and I once again, look forward to seeing how the rest of it pans out. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...