Wednesday 20 May 2015

4th Anniversary Special - RMR - Garbage Pail Kids

Well this is it. After 4 years of doing blog posts, I review the one film that every critic and every reviewer has reviewed thus far and is considered one of the worst films ever made. Now last year, I declared that Keith Lemon: The Film is the worst film that I have ever seen and I'd say this film comes pretty close, but let's see if its done enough to beat Lemon. So let's get to it:

So back in the 80s, we got these trading cards which served as a parody of the Cabbage Patch Kids, just a lot more ugly, gruesome and disgusting. So why did MGM think a film like this will work, I don't think anyone will ever know. So we get this garbage can spaceship flying in space towards Earth and then somehow ends up in an antique shop. Nearby the shop, we see a boy getting beaten up by some bullies (at this point, we get the worst laugh ever) who just so happens to work at the shop. The shopkeeper tells him to stay away from the can, but the bullies interference, manages to knock the can over, thus releasing our titular characters who save the boy from possibly dying. And then from that point, we then have the unpleasure of meeting all these horrible anamatronic characters and the story just gets all messed up from there.

Now the thing about Keith Lemon: The Film is that I knew it was going to suck because of what I know about the comedian and a film for him was never going to work anyway. Garbage Pail Kids on the other hand, again a film was never going to work and it is a painful watch to get through. The things I can say about this film, chances are that others may have said it already. I mean as I said previously, so many people have talked about this film, that I cannot find anything original to say about it that has already been said. It is awful and anyone can tell you that a franchise that is nothing more than just trading cards, would never work as a film alone unless there are things that can back the trading cards up like Pokemon which is more than just trading cards thanks to Game Freak and Nintendo and actually does have some kind of story. So is it the worst film I've ever seen? Well I'll definitely say that it is up there as one of the worst films I've ever seen, but like Keith Lemon and based on what people have said about the film, I knew I was going in for a rough ride. It is bad yes and I just can't think of anything that can be as bad or badder than this film. 0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...