Thursday 21 May 2015

Random Video Game Review - Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus

So after a few years, I finally come to the last ever PS3 game that I will play. I do still have a few more to review here, but for the time being, I have some unfinished business with a certain Lombax and robot in what could possibly be the last Ratchet & Clank game that I play before the film comes out. Just when you thought the franchise was dead in the water, Insomniac comes at us with another game and the official final entry in the Future saga. So let's grab our wrench and save the galaxy once more (and when I do say last one, I mean it as I don't plan to review any spin-offs in the near future):

So taking place after A Crack In Time, our titular duo alongside a duo of robots who call themselves Cronk and Zephyr, are tasked with taking in Vendra Progg to some detention centre somewhere. That is, until the ship is attacked by Vendra's brother Neftin attacks the ship and thus allowing them both to put their plan into motion on reaching the Netherverse and freeing their master Mr. Eye. With them having to pay for their crimes, its up to Ratchet and Clank to prevent them from consuming the universe, but there could be an alliance formed, but we shall see. The gameplay is pretty much the same as in other games in the franchise. You control Ratchet the most, while you control Clank in a 2D platforming way as he enters various forms of rifts. Ratchet as always has his wrench and an arsenal of weapons to purchase and upgrade at his disposal and some armour too. Plenty of bolts to find, more golden bolts to find as well, and plenty of fun is to be had here.

It does feel a bit rushed with its story, but it does have enough to get people up to speed with the franchise and I feel that this game is more tailored to fans of the series which I am a fan of and this game I'd say, does have the epicness of the Nexus, but is nothing more than enjoyable. Its not the best game in the franchise, but it does end the Future trilogy well and I'd say if you're a long time fan, you'll enjoy this and if you're a hardcore gamer, you'll enjoy this as well, but may have less fun with it than most people. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...