Tuesday 2 June 2015

TV Episode Review - Scars (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S2, E20)

This week, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. answers the question "Where did that Helicarrier in Age of Ultron come from?". Let us tune in:

So with the last episode being a prequel to Age of Ultron, this episode is naturally the film's follow up episode much like in the last series with the tie in episodes to Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Solider. So after seeing Nick Fury use the secret Helicarrier to help the Avengers save the world (which Coulson hid in a S.H.I.E.L.D. base prior to), the S.H.I.E.L.D. board is grateful to Coulson and finally agree to merge both factions to form one singular S.H.I.E.L.D. in which Coulson remains as director and the board acting as his advisory council. But even though one war is over, it looks like another war is about to begin, one that S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't start, but rather the Inhumans. Now I understand that the main focus of the second half of this series has been to make connections to Guardians to the Galaxy which the show has done with the introduction of the Kree who play a significant role in the film, as well as to establish the Inhumans years before the film of the same name comes out. And if I'm being honest, the show has done a pretty good job of both. Its hard to work out where the connections to Guardians of the Galaxy come into play considering that they are only mentioned more than actually physically seeing these connections, but Inhuman side of things is seen all over so that's great. This episode I thought was great. I may not be a fan of those characters in things who lie to get somewhere and inadvertently start a war, but there is a lot to like here and everyone is doing something. We even see a comeback to the Koenig brothers who we haven't seen in quite some time. So looking forward to seeing how this all ends. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...