Sunday 6 September 2015

No "of the Week" posts this time.

Hey guys,

Due to having had limited access to the internet for all of this week that has just gone, I felt it were neccessary to not do any "of the Week" posts because of how much limited access I had. But don't worry as I intend to go back to normal this week coming. To make up for it, I will show you my current collection of Disney Infinity figures and playsets and will answer questions that you may have:

So for this set, I have Mike and Randall of Monsters Inc./University, Mrs Incredible (who is at the back so don't worry if you can't see her) and Syndrome of The Incredibles, Davy Jones and Barbossa of Pirates of the Caribbean and Ashoka, Anakin, Luke, Leia and Boba Fett of Star Wars. As for playsets, I have the two Star Wars ones which are based on The Clone Wars and the Original Trilogy and the Toybox Takeover. Now I shall answer some questions:

Will I be getting all figures, playsets and power discs?
I intend to get as many of these things as I can, but like with the amiibo figures I have, I won't be buying every single thing. Going to keep it to franchises that I have seen and enjoyed which rules out any from Cars and Phineas and Ferb (the former because I just don't like the franchise in general and the latter because I'm not a huge fan).

Can the things work in other games?
Any playset, figure and power disc that were made for 1.0 can work in all three games but the playsets will only give you the stuff that can be unlocked from that playset in later games. Any that were made for 2.0 can work in 2.0 and 3.0 but not in 1.0 (and the same rules apply to playsets if used in 3.0 when made for 2.0). And lastly, all 3.0 figures, playsets and power discs can work with 3.0 and 3.0 alone. Unlike amiibo, all these things cannot work in other games.

How will I be building my collection?
Well just like amiibo, I'll be doing this gradually so will probably get each thing over time because unlike amiibo, stock is generally good for Infinity toys. As I said, I intend to only get characters from franchises that I like and have already made a start with Monsters (will be getting Sully at some point), The Incredibles (will get Mr Incredible, Dash and Violet at some stage), Pirates of the Caribbean (can't have a collection like this without Captain Jack Sparrow) and Star Wars (any remaining characters from the original trilogy, preferably). I will be looking into other franchises while I'm at it.

Where do I go for the stuff?
For now, I've been using Amazon to buy all these toys. Got 6 during Prime Day and the Star Wars lot in the special edition Starter Pack. As I have only just started collecting these toys, I will be investigating on the rarity of some of these toys.

Will I keep the packaging?
Again, like with amiibo, the answer to that is no. That is because anyone who's seen Toy Story and its sequels will know that toys will and always will be, mean't for playing and I intend to do just that with the Infinity lot.

So that about wraps that up, but any more questions for me, just leave them in the comments below and I will answer them the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...