Tuesday 27 October 2015

TV Episode Review - The Woman Who Lived (Doctor Who S9, E6)

This time, the Doctor time travels to a place and meets an old acquaintance of his:

So before I begin, I just wanted to ask Is there really any need for this to be a 2 parter? I mean the last episode felt very standalone and I would've been happy to wait until a later series for a continuation, but this being the predictable Steven Moffat, I guess we'll have to settle with a 2 parter anyway. So the Doctor takes a break from Clara (pleasing a lot of Whovians out there, not that there's anything wrong with Jenna Coleman or her character in my opinion) to track down an alien artifact which leads him to the year of 1651. Upon arrival, he interupts a robbery that is taking place, only to find a girl who should've died many years ago, but thanks to the Doctor, is able to live longer. However with a fire breathing alien watching in the shadows, the Doctor questions about whether he did the right thing to save her, or if he made a monster. Only time will tell.

I think every once in a while, its nice for the Doctor to have an adventure without his regular companion as it just makes things more relaxed and less pressurising, not that there is anything wrong with Clara, but yeah. Its an ok episode, but the entire time, the alien felt like watching a lion and some of the stuff did feel a bit silly and as I said earlier, I would've been happy to wait longer for a continuation as a story like this doesn't really need two parts. Aside from those things, its an ok episode, but I think there are better stories out there personally. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...