Thursday 30 June 2016

Monthly Update - July 2016

Hello all,

Its been a pretty busy month. E3 was back and the EU referendum happened. Yeah, its been that busy.

So next month, I will review (depending on how they play out as always) a film with a giant, a film to do with ghosts that may or may not be as bad as people say it is just from the trailers alone, a film about pets and what they do when their owners leave them for a while, a film where we live long and prosper, a film with a certain Matt Damon character, a series review of a successful Steam game that got a sequel and because I now have the Oculus Rift after waiting all year for it, some VR games as well.

Regarding Finding Dory, yes that is getting a review. Its just that us UK folk are having to wait a little while longer to get the film here.

Also as I have a bit more time to spare, I will hope to do another top 25 or more/less post in this month too. I have some ideas floating around so look forward to that.

And next week, there will be a Boxes of Stuff post for the mystery boxes of June.

Now for my thoughts and feelings of the EU refrendum:
As a UK citizen, this to me was the most confusing thing I've ever had to vote on. So for many years, the UK has been part of the EU which stands for the European Union which are a group of the leaders of Europe's countries. Now this poll was to see if people wanted to remain part of the EU or leave which means leaving the EU, not leaving Europe all together. In other words, we would still take part in events like the Euros football and Eurovision, but that's as far as it would go. Leaving the country which was what won the vote means that things will be somewhat more expensive to get and the chances of us getting things from other countries will most likely still happen, it will just be more complicated. It hasn't been easy to try and get to grips with this and most people who voted, had no idea what this would turn into because of a lack of information and now the nation is stuck with a messed up government that needs to sort themselves out, like now. What does this mean for people like me? Well I'd doubt that things will have to change. But I suspect that I would have to give up some things to be in favour of other things. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...