Thursday 8 September 2016

Boxes of Stuff - August 2016

This time, the Eye of Sauron takes on the Ghostbusters in Nerd Block, Spider-Man's web gets caught in Marvel Collector Corps, there be some Anti-Heroes in Loot Crate and its Suicide Squad against Optimus Prime in Geek Fuel:

Nerd Block
So the biggest thing people were wanting in this Nerd Block, was the Eye of Sauron snow globe and I got to say, its pretty awesome. Also in the box, we get a art card of all the enemies that the original Ghostbusters have faced over the years. He-Man and friends are here also as figures, giving us the power indeed. David Bowie takes over the t-shirt in one dedicated to his well known film Labyrinth. The DeLorean's time stamp thing is here too and unfortunately, I already have that, but not in key ring form. And lastly, all blockers get one of 4 Simpsons books and I got Bart Simpson which I already have so I'll probably be selling that. A pretty good box, though the book and keyring let it down for me as I already have those items (but like I said, not as a key ring for the time thing).

Marvel Collector Corps - Spider-Man
Everyone loves Spider-Man. He is one of the most well known and universally loved Marvel heroes out there. So two firsts for this Marvel box, we get a Spider-Man cap which takes the place of the t-shirt and we have a fabricated Spider-Man figure which stands up. For our sealed comic, its the Amazing Spider-Man and because I haven't had a proper look at it when I opened the box, I'm assuming its issue 001. And as you may expect, the pin badge, the patch and the Pop! figure are all Spider-Man. I wish there was more items, but if you like Spider-Man, you'll like this box.

Loot Crate - Anti-Heroes

Time for the anti-heroes to do their thing. Hellboy's hand appears as a money box which is nice. Harley Quinn appears with her dog as a figure similar to a Batman figure I got from Loot Crate some time ago. From Kill Bill, a pair of socks because why not. From Archer, a t-shirt which has us wanting to vote for Archer in the upcoming presidential elections (though as a UK resident, I can't take part, but good luck to you Americans out there). And our pin for this Crate is from World of Warcraft and the digital content it has, will grant you some stuff for the game. A pretty decent crate, though I have had better crates in the past.

Geek Fuel
So Geek Fuel. One thing I like about them is that they always manage to give out some great items that have some quality in them and of course, there's always a Steam game to look forward to as well. So we have a Geek Fuel mascot pin badge which continues their line up of merchandise and its a pretty good looking badge too. From the non-Michael Bay Transformers, we have a t-shirt (I know its not in the picture, but it is in the blue box to your right) which looks pretty good. From Pokemon, we have a Pokemon Go pouch and I think the idea behind this is to allow players to carry stuff as you play the game. From Looney Tunes, we have a mystery figure and its about time too because practically every franchise up to this point, has got a line of figures from places like Titan and Pop! but anyway, I got Taz and someone has to explain to me why he's wearing braces. Was there something I missed. From Suicide Squad, we have a variant cover of a Suicide Squad comic book and I believe there are two versions of this. And our Steam game for this box, is Dungeon Rift and it comes with some pretty cool fridge magnets. Not the worst or best box in my honest opinion, but there's some good stuff in this box.

So I think for August, I liked all the Spider-Man items in Marvel Collector Corps. I liked Nerd Block but it did give me one item that I have already which was the Bart Simpson book (and that's twice in a row that they have done that). I am at a stage now where I feel that Loot Crate are not doing very well in the sense that they have to slap their name on every item you get not to mention that the items that get hyped up are often very disappointing (an example being the Batman V Superman paper wallet and the Uncharted 4 poster which are both disappointing when compared to Geek Fuel's offerings around those times) but despite all that, I liked the box they gave me this time, but they need to improve big time if they want to keep me on as a subscriber. Geek Fuel always do well in my opinion and this time, its not packed to the brim, but it has some great items. I would choose Marvel Collector Corps as the winner this time, but as I gave most of those items to a friend, I will instead choose Geek Fuel as the winner for August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...