Thursday 9 February 2017

Boxes of Stuff - January 2017

This time, Geek Fuel pays tribute to Carrie Fisher (aka Princess Leia) while summoning He-Man and one of 4 DC characters and getting some rupees from Hyrule. Meanwhile the first ever Gamer Block (M) survives several attacks from a nuclear explosion, a sniper and a group of ninjas.

Geek Fuel
So paying tribute to the late Carrie Fisher, we get a Princess Leia pin badge as well as her taking the front cover of the Geek Fuel magazine and both I'd say are good ways to pay tribute to her. And while we're still on Star Wars, the t-shirt is a Rogue One one that has an X-Wing, an AT-AT all in the background of what I believe is K-2SO (or as I would call him, the sarcastic droid whose one purpose in the film is comic relief) all looking very nice. Then from DC, we get one of 4 figures and I got Flash from The Flash TV series (new one, not the old one) which looks great. All the way from Hyrule, we get rupees that double as soap which smell good and I'm sure I will find good use for them whatever that may be. Continuing the trend of mascot pin badges, our next item is the Geek Fuel mascot as He-Man, though you may be lucky in receiving a rare badge of He-Man's nemesis Skeletor instead. And finally, our Steam game this time is Ninja Pizza Girl which I'm sure will be lots of fun. So overall its a nice box to start the year off. I felt there wasn't many items this time, but hey no big deal as I like all the items in there.

Gamer Block (M)
So with Arcade Block being completely changed to tailor to specific gamers, I decided to go for Gamer Block M because seeing as I'm an adult now and a hardcore gamer, it felt like the right fit for me. So from the world of Fallout, we have a Fallout Boy bobble head which is my second one since the one I got in one Loot Crate a while ago and its part of series 3 and I got Agility. From SEGA, we have a art card for The Revenge of Shinobi, a game I haven't played yet, but a nice card nevertheless which comes with a certificate of authenticity which is always good to have. From Sniper Elite, we have a cool torch that can display a target thing that most snipers allow you to use. From Metal Gear (may the Kojima days rest in peace), we have a pin badge of the famous box from the game which is nice. The t-shirt is a t-rex skull from Tomb Raider, but you wouldn't know that just by looking at it. And finally, Gamer Blocks do Steam codes and I got one for the game event[0] which looks to be an interesting game (also got the soundtrack too). And its also nice to see Nerd Block doing magazines now. Its good. So as the first Gamer Block M, its a great box that lives up to its name and while the box felt very light, it has some pretty good items even if I'm not familiar with many of the franchises inside it.

So that concludes this set of Boxes of Stuff. Both boxes I thought were great, but if I had to choose, I would go for Gamer Block M which even though it has some items from franchises I'm not familiar with, they were nice items to have. Though Geek Fuel did well this month too, but Gamer Block in my opinion despite being light, had more items inside which is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...