Thursday 12 April 2018

Boxes of Stuff - March 2018

This time Deathstroke battles a creature from the deep in My Geek Box while meeting and battling some Marvel heroes in IGN Box and in Geek Fuel the X-Men and the agents from The X-Files battle for the crystal key:

My Geek Box
From DC, we have a figure of Deathstroke where half is his insides and the other half is his costume which looks pretty good. Also from DC we have a Bombshells flag of Catwoman (though I understand that everyone may get something different) which is the first flag I have ever got from a geek box so that's good. From PlayStation, we got an art card of the dualshock controller with racing flags that looks very nice. And the t-shirt looks like a film poster of a film that I haven't seen nor heard of, but I'm sure its good. Very interesting box that has a mix of orange and black colours, but not a lot of variety as far as the items are concerned.

IGN Box
So I'm not sure if its an error, but I seem to have received the very same Deathstroke figure in this box so that's going to a friend. The t-shirt is a varation of IGN's logo which looks a little bit like something out of Halo or Mass Effect. The rest of the items are all Marvel which includes a Deadpool scarf, a Star-Lord keyring and a Punisher and War Machine team up comic book. All among my interests, but again its lacking in variety.

Geek Fuel
Last but not least, its Geek Fuel. So from X-Men, we have a blind bag figure which can be one of several potential characters (I got Cyclops) which is nice. From X-Files, you can get one of a few pin badges exclusive to Geek Fuel (I got a "I Want To Believe" mini poster, but could be wrong about that). From Ready Player One, you get a crystal key and some members can win an HTC Vive with this key (I unfortunately did not win, but got to enter the additional prize draw instead). From Star Trek, there is a t-shirt where you can get one half of the original series' famous duo (I got Kirk). And finally the Steam game this time (which comes at $20 in value) is Showdown. So a very good box with a lot of variety and some pretty good items.

This one is a no brainer. While My Geek Box and IGN Box had some decent items, it seemed to be more focused on one franchise instead of several which isn't a bad thing, but not great if you want more than that one franchise. So Geek Fuel wins this time. And please click the links above if you want to get your hands on these boxes. Though it is now too late to get March's boxes, you still have time to get April's boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...