Monday 16 April 2018

Random Show Review - Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment

So I finally went to see it. After hearing about it, seeing it being advertised and got a recommendation from some friends, I finally went to see a Disney On Ice show and I got to say, I enjoyed it. Every year, the good (but often greedy) folks at Disney make a new ice show featuring all sorts of different franchises. Some follow the plots of the films while others have their own original story. But all combined into one show with Disney's mascot Mickey Mouse and his friends introducing each bit. So let's see if it was worth it:

So Worlds of Enchantment loosely but closely follows the plots (in no particular order) of Frozen, The Little Mermaid and Toy Story 3 while featuring an original story with characters from Cars. As previously mentioned, each part is introduced by Mickey and friends and the show starts off with a little segment to get people pumped and ready for the show that is about to take place. Much like with West End shows, the show is split into two parts each with two Disney franchises and while one of them will have a very big and in depth show, the other will feel very rushed, but still giving us the enchantment that we want.

So this show was pretty good. I personally felt that some of the songs were too much in your face (especially "Let It Go"), but very good renditions of them as well as some jazzed up versions being heard during the breaks which were good too. As already mentioned, two of the stories were rushed and although the first rushed one was fine and dandy, the second one I knew would be rushed because it was to make way for the bigger show which I was disappointed about, but then annoyed when it turns out that the franchise coming next was only bigger because of the amount of times they would sing the very same song. Still though, it was worth my time definitely and I look forward to seeing what they do next. But I should warn you, lots of expensive merchandise everywhere and they were so desperate to flog it all, that a trail of stalls leading up to the train station was put in place. I guess the more money they make, the more things Disney can produce and buy. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...