Thursday 5 March 2020

Random Video Game Review - Back to Bed

So when Flash games were still around, I would be playing a lot of them (especially those on the Cartoon Network and LEGO websites as well as Newgrounds). I remember playing this LEGO one in which you guide sleep walking minifigures back to their beds. Can't remember the name of it, but I remember playing it so fondly that I wish at a time where Flash is slowly being phased out that I could get to play it again. But in the meantime we have something similar. Ironically created by a company called Bedtime Digital Games, this looks to be like an indie game with a puzzle element to it and its all about getting the main character to go the game's name sake. So let's see what we have here before we too go to sleep:

So players are tasked with getting Bob back to bed by taking control of his subconscious guardian known as Subob. Of course its not exactly a case of being in bed as you sleep, but instead there is a lot of actual sleep walking which can be a problem in a big city. That sums up the gameplay, but you will notice how artistic the game plays out which for this kind of premise, it actually works.

So I guess you could say that it may not be the LEGO one I remember playing from way back. But the concept is the same and many of us are known to sleep walk. Anyway, this is a fun game which does what it says and has a lot of artistic visuals for us to drool over as we play it. May not be a big game, but it's quriky and has its charm which is good in a way. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...