Tuesday 23 June 2020

TV Show Review - Vagrant Queen (Season 1)

So I feel kind of bad that I haven't reviewed as many SYFY shows like everyone else. I guess I get so caught up over other things that I forget that this channel exists and its perfect because it's all about sci-fi while jumping into other genres from time to time so it's a perfect match for me. Here in the UK, we have a streaming service called Now TV which was made to give those with low income a cheaper alternative to buying cable or satellite TV. It would mainly focus on channels that we would get from Sky with additional channels too including SYFY. This is when I discovered Vagrant Queen which is based on the comic book series known as Vault. With a Guardians of the Galaxy feel to it, I decided to take a look. So let's go into space and figure out this show:

The show focuses on a former queen called Eldia (played by Adriyan Rae) who has spent a while building up her character as a scavenger and outlaw. But when she learns that her long-lost mother has resurfaced, she is forced to return to her broken kingdom to stage a rescue. Though she better be ready for some resistance from a number of enemies coming her way.

The problem that SYFY has with many of their original shows is that most only last for one season with a few exceptions depending on performance just like most other things. Vagrant Queen ended up with just one season and to be honest, I don't see why they would cancel it. I mean it's a good series that may be trying to be too much like Guardians of the Galaxy. But it's got laughs, nostalgia all around and plenty of popcorn styled action. There's even some episodes that wind up playing out like a heist thriller and it's great. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...