Tuesday 14 July 2020

TV Season Review - Warrior Nun (Season 1)

I thought its about time we return to Netflix as they have a new show for us to watch. So as many of you know I am a sucker for comic books as well as shows and films that adapt those books. So when I learned that this was based on a comic book series, I decided to give it a watch. I have been quite sceptical about most films, TV shows and video games to do with nuns because it just makes out that they are bad people. Sure they may have their own rules and would like nothing more than to look after those they care for. But are they really as bad as people claim they are? I don't think so. So let's take a look at this thing:

The series focuses on one Ava Silva (played by Alba Baptista in her English language debut) who wakes up one day in a morgue with a new lease in life and with some kind of artefact embedded in her back. She learns that she is part of an ancient order that have been tasked with fighting demons on Earth with powerful forces from heaven and hell wanting to find and control her by any means necessary.

So this was originally going to be a film, but I think it works well as a TV series even though its (for now) only on Netflix. It has some similarities to the Assassin's Creed series as well as all those DC things that explore demons and symbolism. Certainly different to anything else to do with nuns so you may actually enjoy this. I certainly did and look forward to its next series if there is another one on the way. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...