Thursday 17 September 2020

Random Video Game Review - Furi

 
Yep we are back with another game that for a few that play it, it gives them an unforgiving experience. Having said that, it's the sort of game that I like judging from the gameplay. I mean I enjoy games that are hack 'n' slash, shooters (well maybe except Call of Duty) and action which Furi has and then some. Plus it's got a retro feel to it thanks to the neon like logo and sci-fi setting. So basically it's a game that I will probably get a lot of fun times from. But let's see as we review this game which at the time of review is on sale on Steam:

I should point out before going into this that whenever I mention a game being a special on Steam, they are not paying me in any way. Very rarely do I get sponsors on the posts that I do. Anyway onto the game!
The game has a pretty straight forward plot. A mysterious man who we come to know as The Stranger is a prisoner within a highly advanced prison that is composed of ten orbital floating islands above a planet of some kind. The prisoner spends much of his time receiving endless torture. That is until another man disguised as a rabbit and known as The Voice who gives the Stranger a sword and gun and frees him so that he can claim the freedom that he deserves. On each island is a powerful guardian whose sole purpose is to prevent any prisoners from escaping. Some are fellow prisoners while others maintain the prison and a few are the reason for the prison's existence. Unlike most games, every part of this game is entirely about beating different bosses with a number of unique skills and abilities. All with the usual trends seen in most games like this one.

Perhaps it's unforgiving in the sense that every level is a boss level. But in a way, that may be the game's biggest strength to stand out. But overall, it's a solid game with an obvious goal and lots of pretty imagery to drool over. It may even be a bit nostalgic too. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...