Thursday 24 November 2022

Random Video Game Review - Squad

 
I'm not huge on games when it comes to first-person shooters (or FPS for short) because many of them are set in a war like environment. A lot of us just prefer to escape war, whether it be fictional or real or whatever. But given that I have a few games in my Steam library that are FPS games that I haven't reviewed yet, I felt it was time to try another one, so here it is. A game that, from the get go, looks pretty generic and all that. But I could be wrong, so let's have a look:

This game is a large scale combined arms game that is best played with others over an internet connection. It has a strong empathy on combat realism through communication, team play and more. Yeah, pretty much a focus on realism to give it some authenticity compared to the likes of Call of Duty and Battlefield. You have a choice of 9 factions, a wide array of maps, player constructed bases and quite a lot of other things I have to say. Your team can be 50 men big against an equally 50 big team.

Yeah, a bit of a complicated game to explain, but I certainly feel this game has an edge over the likes of Call of Duty, Battlefield and those other typical FPS games. Lots to do, plenty to mess about with and more, makes this game worth playing if FPS and all the extras are your thing. The realism is top-notch here I must say, but it's not a game I would play too often me thinks. Easy to play, but hard to master. Defintiley fun to be had here though. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...