Tuesday 14 February 2023

Random TV Miniseries Review - Welcome to Chippendales

So this was a big deal on Disney+ recently. I say Disney+ because for those of you outside the UK, we in the UK don't have Hulu, so anything made by Disney or any of their studios that's deemed too mature for their usual audience, is placed on Disney+ under the Star hub. With parental controls and everything so that older audiences can watch stuff too. You complain a lot that Disney+ has mature stuff and yet, we've had mature stuff on there much longer than those of you in the States and other parts of the world, and you don't hear us complain about it. I do like shows that have a dark side to them, especially those like this that are based on true events. I also especially like gangster stuff, as I have said previously, and I would say this miniseries does fall into the category to some degree. So let's take a look:

The series tells us the story of Steve Banerjee (played by Kumail Nanjiani), an Indian immigrant that is seeking the American dream. As he opens the first ever and also the largest male strip club in the world, he soon becomes an accessory to murder as the series goes on, which is laced with a fair bit of crime, a bit of murder and tons of sex.

Now, I don't usually review true-crime series because, well, a lot of them are not all that interesting to me. But the fact that here in the UK, it was made out to be a big deal, I just could not ignore it so had to check it out. As gangster things go, this is pretty good. Very stylish, not too Bollywood to the point where it puts some people off, and it has a good soundtrack. Plus, the acting is top-notch. Not the most perfect for a miniseries, but still good. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...