Thursday 9 March 2023

Random Video Game Review - Black Desert

 
Hello people. For those of you not in the know, I have a YouTube channel which, having gathered dust for years, I am now using to show you all gameplay of a few of the games I have reviewed. Now, I don't intend to play all the games I have reviewed so far, but I may do. We shall see in due course, but in the meantime, you can check out the channel here. Please subscribe if you can as there will be plenty of things to come to it and I post videos daily. So back to today's review and we are looking at an MMORPG game. Created by Pearl Abyss, it's one that is still going today. Many of us know the agony of when an MMORPG is doomed to fail and, therefore, the servers have to be cut. Such examples include the few LEGO games, PlayStation Home and more. But as I said, this one is still going and is still available in most platforms. So let's take a look:

The game, set in a high fantasy setting in the midst of a war of sorts, is played very much like a third-person shooter. The combat is action based with free movement and manual aiming, whereas you are given the usual MMO things like your own housing and the ability to fish and trade. As well as player VS player sieges and castle battles with very advanced in depth character customization. In combat, you can do combos, mount attacks and more. You even get your own mounts, which need tending to, often. Weather plays a part in the game too, which a focus on localized weather much like in the Animal Crossing games alongside a day and night system too.

While it has been a very successful series, it's not perfect. In fact, I would say it's not innovative as such, but fun all the same with some epic moments and the whole war aspect being the big thing about it. Not sure if I will want to play this often, but I will certainly consider coming back to it from time to time. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...