Tuesday 31 March 2015

Monthly Update - April 2015

Hey guys,

So first of all, I would like to address why I skipped a review, video and song of the week last week. This was because I fell ill. I was vomitting a lot and I just didn't really have the energy to do anything, hence why I skipped a week. But don't worry, I'm slowly recovering and I should be giving you guys those 2 posts this week. Now as for the Easter month of April, here's what I've got planned:

There isn't many Easter films that I know of or seen and its the same for video games and other things as well so there won't be any special post for Easter Sunday from me. But what you will be getting from me, is reviews of Mario Party 10 (and some previous titles from the series), Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (and yeah, I will get around to talking about the first Borderlands and Tales of the Borderlands at some stage in the future), an old and new review of Cinderella, a series review of the Fast and Furious films (including 7 but excluding 5 as I've talked about that film already), the geek boxes that I got this past month, individaul episode reviews of Gotham and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and if I'm lucky, I may be able to fit in oh I don't know, a review of the highly anticipated Avengers: Age of Ultron as well.

Now instead of a theory or something that I felt didn't get any closure, I'm going to talk about something that has been talked about for a few weeks now here in the UK:

Thoughts on Jeremy Clarkson being sacked by the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
For those of you who don't know, Jeremy Clarkson is one of the three (or four if you count the racer who some claim to be one thing while others claim that he or she is something, that is The Stig) presenters of the BBC's car and motorsport show Top Gear which as far as I know, is just as popular as some of the BBC's other well known shows like Strictly Come Dancing and of course, Doctor Who. He has been known to attract a lot of criticism during his time as a presenter both on and off screen (and just to point out, he is not the first ever presenter of the show despite his age), but just recently, the BBC decided that enough is enough because of a dispute that Clarkson had with a producer of the show. This as such, has had the BBC not renew his contract for the next 3 seasons of Top Gear with his current contract expiring this past month and the last two episodes of the current series of Top Gear likely to be axed. I have to say, I am one of the few people that saw this happening from a mile off. I knew for a fact that he would get fired at some stage because of everything that had happened with him and the BBC throughout his time on Top Gear and well, it looks like the BBC have had enough of it. All I'm going to say is that despite me seeing this from a mile off, his time on Top Gear has been great despite the controversy with his humour, banter and of course, his undivided love for cars and motorsport and there will be many of us that will miss him and that great voice that he has. So what will happen with the show? Well I think it will continue because as I said earlier, it is a well known program on the BBC and everyone does seem to enjoy it. But who will be Clarkson's replacement, no one really knows. But you know, it wouldn't be the first time a Top Gear presenter was sacked as there have been some like him in the past, but were sacked for different reasons. But hey, at least he can now annoy the Russians as he's been offered a presenting role on one of their TV networks so he's not out of the presenting gig just yet. So yeah, that's my thoughts on this whole thing and feel free to add your thoughts in the comments section below. And have a great Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...