Thursday 30 April 2015

Monthly Update - May 2015

Its been a pretty eventful month for me, having done little to no work because of annual leave and my health, but things should be getting back to normal for me in the next month.

I don't think there is really anything big to review this month coming with the only exceptions being Mad Max: Fury Road (plus a review of the other films) and Tomorrowland for films and well, not that much for video games. But I will be continuing episode reviews of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Gotham until both shows finish their season run here in the UK and I may look at some Netflix shows as well like Better Call Saul and Daredevil, but we'll see how things play out.

I'm also aware that it will be the blog's 4th anniversary this month so I will do my best to find something that I really hate to review for you guys, but it may be difficult since I spent most of last year talking about some of the worst films that I've seen.

And expect your usual videos, songs and reviews of the week as well as April's Boxes of Stuff.

Now in honour of Toy Story's 20th anniversay ahead of its actual anniversary, I think its time we looked into the harsh reality of that film's main villain:

The Truth about Sid Phillips:
So Toy Story came out in 1995 in a time where CGI was getting big and more so thanks to the success of this film and Jurassic Park. The CGI here may look bland and cheap, but back then, this is all we had and now CGI seems to have reached the perfection and detail that it has been worked on for many years. Now about Sid, this is the main antagonist of the first Toy Story film and many can assume that he is the evil version of Andy. While Andy is sweet, light hearted and cares greatly for his toys, Sid on the other hand is vile, cruel and would be perfect as a Heartless in Kingdom Hearts. He blows toys up, dismantles them, make weird combinations out of them and just wants to see them suffer. However, before things go all haywire, Woody and Buzz stop him and make him believe that toys can come to life and throughout the course of the series, he is the only one that knows of them coming to life while Andy is kind of aware of it as well, but does know that his toys do come back to him whatever it takes. It can be assumed that following the first film, Sid had to take classes and may have gone to some kind of rehab or asylum because of being aware of the toys coming to life and as you'd expect, no one believes him. But by the time of Toy Story 3, it seems that he is now an adult and seems to have forgotten about the toys coming to life thing so maybe he was cured or the Sid we see in that film, isn't Sid at all, but rather a relative of Sid. Its never been made clear, but that garbage man does wear Sid's shirt and Pixar are known for their little Easter eggs in their films so it may be nothing more than just a call out to the first film or the film makers wanting to let viewers know that Sid is OK and he has been cured. I guess we'll never know, but hey, its just a theory. Its amazing how long ago the first film came out and I still consider it to be one of the greatest animated films ever made to this day, even if the CGI looks dated. I mean the 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes has to mean something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...