Thursday 30 April 2015

Random Video Game DLC Review - Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines (Sunset Overdrive)

The surprise Xbox One hit by a developer mostly known for their PlayStation exclusive titles, gets its next story based DLC where we get another area to explore, more new enemy types, plenty of new amps, traps and the like, plus the best 4th wall jokes I've seen so far. Now I am to believe that this is the last one that's part of the season pass, but chances are that since this game has been out for a while, I wonder if there will be any interest in it again. Anyway, let's look at this DLC:

So like with the last DLC, this takes place after the main game's story where you the player are given a task to rescue a couple of teachers from Fizzco Robotics which until now, had been blocked by the invisible wall and hilarity ensues. So its pretty much the same deal as before with new missions, weapons, amps, traps, costumes, collectibles and some complete overboard 4th wall jokes which at one point involves the Sunset TV host getting a piece of the action.

I would say that this is a good DLC, but I felt I wasn't really getting much out of it. I mean the game is fun and all that, but for a DLC, I expect something more than the same stuff we have had in the game so far. Now obviously DLC can be hard to make considering that the game is big, but it felt kind of rushed (a staple in many Xbox games), but it is fun where it can be so that's fine. 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...