Tuesday 28 April 2015

TV Episode Review - Everyone Has a Cobblepot (Gotham S1, E18) + One Door Closes (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S2, E15)

In today's post, we learn more of this so called "real S.H.I.E.L.D" in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and a certain enemy of Cobblepot may get a promotion in Gotham. Let's tune in shall we?

One Door Closes
In a flashback to the day when S.H.I.E.L.D. fell at the hands of Hydra, a group of double agents under orders from Nick Fury, go to rescue Mack and the commanding officer Robert Gonzales (played by Edward James Olmos), only to then go against Fury's orders and thus forming their own S.H.I.E.L.D. as a result. In the present day, both Coulson and May confront Mack and simultaneously Morse about this S.H.I.E.L.D. of theirs, until renforcements arrive and they escape. Meanwhile, Skye gets adjusted to being in the safehouse known as "The Retreat" which apparently is something that Bruce Banner made for himself. So while the episode does continue to bring us new info on things we have wanted info on for a while, it does feel all over the place and it never really tells us if the episode is in flashback mode or not. I mean the colour change of the flashbacks makes it clear to me that its a flashback, but to those of us who are hard of hearing, it won't be. Still, its got action as and when it needs to so that's fine with me. 7/10

Everyone Has a Cobblepot
So following the last episode, Alfred ends up in hospital with Bruce discovering from Selina that some files were stolen by Payne and as such, Bruce intends to reclaim said files without her assistance. Elsewhere Jim and Bullock investigate the sudden release and reinstatement of Arnold Flass by Commissioner Leob with Bullock knowing that the commissioner has been currupted and been doing some blackmail on his workers. And Fish continues to get her way, despite what happened in the last episode, but must come to the revelation of something that is both surprising to her as it is to the audience. I'd say this is a great episode as it talks about the things that do happen in the Batman stories with Leob being a currupted police commissioner and also has time to give some character development for at the very least Bruce and Alfred. I also like that Cobblepot has more of a supporting role this time around, having spent countless episodes before this one, being one of the main characters and I like it. Great episode all around. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...