Thursday 23 April 2015

My Amiibo Collection

So having seen a lot of people talk about their amiibo collections, I thought to show you guys my collection. Now regarding any upcoming video game posts, there isn't really that much for me to talk about until Batman: Arkham Knight comes out and I may do reviews for some games coming out in the next few weeks, but those will be games that  have been out for a little while more than just a week which as you guys know is what I generally do, but I'm actually going to wait and see what others say, before considering doing reviews of those games. But for now, let's look at my Amiibos:

So I have 14 characters here which in no particular order are Mega Man, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, Fox McCloud, Shiek. Link, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser, Luigi, Mario, Princess Peach and Yoshi. They are all in their Smash Bros. forms and its a mixed bag of the first 3 waves of the series. I do question the designs of some of them, but for the most part, I'm happy with what I have so far. Now to answer some of your burning questions:

Will you be getting every Amiibo figure?
My official answer to that is no. I only plan to get one version of the characters that I'm interested in getting, unless there is some good reason to have another version of the particular character in question. There are some characters that I have no interest in getting for various reasons like how rare they are, if they are sought after figures, or just characters that are from a franchise that I don't really follow. That's the jist of it.

Are you still building your collection?
Yes I am, but unlike most people, I'm getting them as and when I have the money to do so. I plan on getting all the Mario characters whether they be part of the Mario series or the Smash Bros. series as I am a huge fan of Mario. I also intend to get most of the Legend of Zelda figures as I'm a bit of a fan for that franchise. Because some friends of mine have been telling me about these two franchises and are trying to get me into them, I'm also going to get some of the remaining Pokemon figures and some Fire Emblem ones as well. Sonic and Pac-Man are an absolute must for me as I love both franchises as are the solo Nintendo characters as well (except for Villager and Wii Fit Trainer as I'm not too keen on those two). And that's really the gist of it, though I may also get the Splatoon figures if the game is good.

Do you keep the packaging of the characters?
As much as most people do that, I generally don't because when I get a figure, I intend to use it and I don't bother keeping it in its packaging as I don't see the point of it, aside from the collector value which doesn't really mean anything to me.

Where did you get your figures?
It varies for each one of them. The set above, a handful of them came from this British video game shop called GAME while the majority of them came from Amazon. For the ones that are quite easy to find, I'm just going to get them as and when I see them in the shops. But for the rare and sought after ones, going online is the way to go. I may haver to pay a lot of money for them, but that's how things have to go.

What games do you use your Amiibo figures for?
At this point in time, the games that I use Amiibos on are Super Smash Bros. For Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10 and Hyrule Warriors. When I eventually get Toad, I will be using him in Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker and of course, I have them up on display because I'm a nerd as you guys know.

Do you buy other figures as well as Amiibo figures?
Yes. As someone who gets 4 nerd boxes (and soon, 1 bi-monthly nerd box) a month, I am well into getting Pop! and Titan vinyl figures, but like with Amiibo figures, its again one version of the character and it is an on going process of getting figures because there are so many of them. As far as NFC figures are concerned, I don't play Disney Infinity nor Skylanders, but I am considering in investing in the former. And as a LEGO builder, I will definitely be getting LEGO Dimensions when that comes out and the NFC figures that go with it. Also on the odd occasion, I do get some action figures as well, but the ones I mentioned previously I am a big collector of those things so yeah.

And if you guys have any other questions about my amiibos or anything else, feel free to leave a comment below or talk to me on social media. It is as people have already mentioned, a collector's nightmare, but it is satisfying to get them I will say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...