Monday 2 November 2015

Movie Review - Spectre

One day I will review the older James Bond films when I have the time to. But for now, this will have to suffice. Its the 24th Bond film, Daniel Craig's 4th Bond film and the first one to have a new M in the form of Ralph Fiennes (aka Lord Voldemort of Harry Potter) as well as the return of an old criminal organization of the Bond universe not seen since 1971's Diamonds Are Forever. As far as I'm concerned, I would say this could very well be Craig's last or one of his last films as Bond and then get a new guy after him. I mean he is getting on after all so let's see if he can still fight with some class in the latest Bond outing with Sam Smith (the guy who wants all girls out there to "Stay With Him". I know, its a bad pun, but I tried) doing the music:

So after the iconic opening that these films have (the first for Daniel Craig, at least in theatrical form), we cut to Mexico where 007 (reprised by Daniel Craig) is on a mission unofficially given to him by the former and posthumous M (reprised by Judi Dench) where he is tasked to take down 2 men which he succeeds in doing. Upon returning to London, the new M (reprised by Voldemort himself, Ralph Fiennes) takes Bond off field duty indefinitely while also coping with the changes that C (played by Andrew Scott) has in place, among which may threaten Bond's career. Disobeying M's orders, Bond continues doing the mission that the former M gave him, which may just lead him to an old iconic enemy of his.

So aside from Sam Smith's Bond song which thinking about it, I don't think he has the ability to tackle a Bond song, I thought the film was great. Quite long, but great. It's got a lot of things that Bond fans like myself will love such as the famous lines, the romance, the classy cars and the humor. The new Q is actually doing more things this time than what he did in Skyfall which I liked. And the new Bond girl is pretty hot I reckon. Its very close to topping Skyfall, but the Sam Smith song lets it down, only slightly. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...