Monday 15 February 2016

Random Movie Review - Earth to Echo

So before we get into this, I thought to let you guys know that there has been a sudden change in the schedule in that normally I would review films that are in theatres, but only if the reviews for it are good and Zoolander 2 ended up being a bad film from what I've read up which is a shame considering the cast it has. I also had plans to do a top 25 post to tie in with the upcoming films from DC and Marvel, but I also scrapped that as I couldn't find enough things to make up 25 items (and it was going to be VS battles). So instead and because of time, I'm giving you guys a review of an interesting film that looks to be like E.T., but has its own unique taste in social interactions between kids and aliens. So let's get to it:

So we get three kids who all live in the same neighbourhood. Together, they each receive encrypted messages which leads them into finding an alien who requires parts to repair itself so it can go home. But with government agents after the alien, they are on the clock to get it home and call the alien Echo because of its ability to make echoing sound.

Most of the film feels like its been done before. Found footage, government agents after aliens, yeah its that kind of film that has been done many times before. Each kid also seem to be going through some kind of similar problem in that they are all moving houses and their families are a bit odd too. But is there really anything to like in this film? Well nothing for adults, but families and kids maybe. Its not the sort of film I would get into even though I liked E.T. when that first came out. So all I can say is that its not great, but some of you will find enjoyment out of it, if any. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...