Thursday 9 June 2016

Boxes of Stuff - May 2016

This time, we go back to the 80s for a second time in Nerd Block, we get some items from Westeros as well as the Merc with a Mouth and Uncharted in Geek Fuel and Loot Crate tells us that "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility":

Nerd Block - 80s 2
I think me and several others were not too sure of the theme of this month's Nerd Block, but nevertheless, let's see what we got. So coming from Marvel. we got an Iron Man mug which is a little late considering that Civil War has been and gone, but its still nice to have. From Ghostbusters we have a plush Stay Puft Marshmallow Man who looks terrified for some reason. From Back to the Future, we got a "Outatime" pin badge which looks nice. We also get a "Etch A Sketch" style set of sticky notes which is another throwback at our nostalgia. We have a Pop! figure which is Long Duck Dong from Sixteen Candles (you may have someone different but that's who I've got), a character from a show I don't know about so forgive me if any of that was wrong. And finally, from Rick & Morty, we have a Rick t-shirt which is actually not a bad design I have to say. So a pretty random box, but has some good stuff in it. Not bad, but not great, but its an alright box for May.

Geek Fuel
As you may now expect, Geek Fuel generally do not do themes, but for this month it seems that everything in the box is exclusive which is good I think. So from Deadpool, we have a sketch and a mini Deadpool figure that you put on your monitor, both are very good items I have to say. Coming from Westeros (which is a place in Game of Thrones for those of you not in the know) we have a map of the nation and a t-shirt advertising Tyrion's place who I believe is a fan favourite of the show. And coming from Uncharted, we get a chest with Nate's ring inside (I actually already have one of these, but its nice to get another) as well as two art cards presumably showing concept art for the 4th main game (they are both way better items than what Loot Crate gave me last month which was just a poster). Our Steam game for this month is The Weaponographist (oh that's a mouthful) which I guess is a fantasy game. And continuing the trend of having items with the Geek Fuel mascot on them, we also get a glass as well. And of course the magazine too. Some people who get this may also get a Blu-Ray of the Deadpool film. Unfortunately, I didn't get one, but its a good box of things other than that.

Loot Crate - Power
I guess when they said power, they mean it. So coming from Marvel we have a Hulk figure who looks a little bit similar to a Deadpool figure I got earlier in the year, but that's OK. Also from Marvel, we have the Infinity Gauntlet in the form of an oven glove (now I have two oven gloves styled as gloves of power). Coming from Dragon Ball Z (presumably), funnily enough, we have a Dragon Ball plush (now that is some power right there). Coming from the film Warcraft (its obvious what the film is based on just by the title), we have a t-shirt of the two main protagonists (I think) which looks a bit boring to be honest with you. And lastly as well as the magazine, the pin badge gives you something for the game Overwatch which I may choose to get at some point, but just not now. Well at least they kept to the theme, but I think you can find other franchises which are all about power as well as these. These are really just the obvious choices for a box like this.

So I think Nerd Block were pretty random this month. Geek Fuel had quite a few good items (with one making up for what Loot Crate gave me in the past). And Loot Crate being too obvious with their theme and some items being OK, but could be better. This is a no brainier. Geek Fuel wins for May 2016.

And here are the links to their respective websites if you're interested in getting them. Its too late to get any of May's boxes, but June's boxes are now available to order:

Loot Crate


Nerd Block


Geek Fuel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...