Thursday 4 August 2016

Boxes of Stuff - July 2016

This time Loot Crate takes us to the world of Tomorrow, Geek Fuel continues the trend of having great items even if most of them are not exclusive and Nerd Block forms a squad (and also has a stock clear out too):

Loot Crate - Futuristic
I think for Loot Crate, they wanted to have their crate tied in to the release of Star Trek Beyond. That's my impression anyway. So from Futurama, we have the Planet Express ship model which does look very detailed and stands quite well. From Star Trek, we have a sticker plaque of all the captains of the Galactic Federation which I'd say is a must for any fan. Also the iconic hand gesture is on our pin for this month and the digital content is for a online Star Trek game. From Megaman, we get a figure which I'm not sure if its different for everyone, but for me I got a red and white Megaman figure, very cool indeed. From Rick and Morty, we get a pretty cool t-shirt and a colouring in picture (inside the magazine). Loot Crate also gives us a sealed comic from the 4001 AD series and as always, the box can transform into something else (though I didn't have a go at that because I didn't see the point of it). So I think its good that Loot Crate are continually improving on their items so keep it up.

Geek Fuel
I don't know how they do it, but Geek Fuel sure do know how to keep their customers happy. So first of all, we get a Ghostbusters ghost trap which when you open, contains Slimer on a t-shirt and that to me is a great way to give people t-shirts. We also get a mashup badge of the Ghostbusters logo with Boo From Super Mario in the place of the ghost. From Alien, we have a pack of cards and this be like the 4th or 5th set I have received of these, but all different franchises that I do like. We also have a wall sticker featuring a character from Plants VS Zombies: GW2 and I got one of the zombies from that game. From Doctor Who, we have quite possibly the coolest Doctor Who item I have recieved from these boxes, a Tardis shower curtain. And finally, our Steam game is Badland: Game of the Year edition which comes with an air freshner. Not too bad of a box, but I'd say Geek Fuel are just great with the items you recieve from them. Its great.

Nerd Block - Squad
Despite the theme, Nerd Block have seemed to pack more stuff than usual this time and I'm not sure if its a stock clearance thing, but anyway let's see what we got. From Ghostbusters, we have a Zuul t-shirt which is actually pretty cool looking. From Suicide Squad, we get a plush toy of Joker and a Pop! Vinyl keyring of Harley Quinn and both look pretty good. From Transformers, we get a pin badge of either the official logo of the Autobots or the Decepticons (for me, it was the former) which looks quite nice. From Attack on Titan, I get another keyring and from what I got, it looks like the symbol of a faction or something like that. So those were the main items and from the stock clearance, I got a Spike figure (from Buffy The Vampire Slayer), a set of postcards featuring awkward family photos and 3 sets of Monty Python fridge magnets, all of which I have already. Its a good block, but its the stock clearance that let it down for me.

So based on what I've said, I will give this month to Loot Crate because after a couple of bad months, they are finally getting their butts in gear and giving us great items than bad ones.

Its too late to get these boxes, but if you want to get future boxes, click on the links above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...