Tuesday 13 December 2016

AC13: Random Movie Review - Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Cheap CGI at its finest. But at least this is actually one of the few good films with cheap CGI. Though interestingly, I always thought that a TV series was already made for Jimmy Neutron, but Wikipedia proves me wrong and its actually a few shorts, but the success of this film led to it having a TV series as well as three successful crossovers with The Fairly Odd Parents. I am a fan of the stuff Nickelodeon make, so maybe I'll enjoy this and maybe I won't. Let's see:

So the film is basically like Pixels in that its all about finding alien life by sending videos into space. But not quite the same as its not all video games. Anyway so our titular character (voiced by Debi Derryberry) attempts to communicate with the beings in space, despite his friends being unsure about it and his parents protests in talking to strangers. Ultimately this succeeds and a group of aliens seek out Earth to kidnap the adults for their own personal gain, forcing Jimmy and crew to go and save them using his inventions and the power of cartoon logic.

As cheap CGI as it gets, this film is actually pretty good. The CGI is not terrifying and in your face and its made up with charm and cleverness. And its actually very entertaining and I'm glad that the film had a future in the form of a cartoon series. In all honestly, this could very well be the best feature length pilot for a cartoon that I have seen (well maybe except for Justice League's one, but still). 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...