Saturday 3 December 2016

AC3: Random TV Season Review - Luke Cage (Season 1)

Now as we all know, Luke Cage has already been introduced to us through the first season of Jessica Jones so some of us know what he's like and what he's capable of. Now we have one whole season of him and I got to say, its kind of like watching a badass version of Superman. The only differences (aside from one obvious difference which I won't mention) are that he can't fly, he's human who got his powers through an experiment gone wrong and as you'll see in this show, he actually makes for better stories than Superman. I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for that, but to be honest, I'm not that big of a fan of Superman anyway as I find him to be overrated and without flaws. But anyway, enough ranting about a non-Marvel character, let's have a look at Marvel's newest show:

So Luke Cage (reprised from Jessica Jones by Mike Colter) returns to his home Harlem as a fugitive trying to rebuild his life, following an experiment that makes him get super strength and unbreakable skin. However things go sour when a group of gangsters find out about him and do whatever it takes to take him down in the hopes to provide a council woman some form of protection from dangerous threats like him.

So the things I like about this show is that it has jazzy like music which is a genre of music that I am into, its like watching a Marvel version of Superman (minus the origins, the flying and other things) and it also showed that not all Marvel heroes will be treated the same way the Avengers are treated in the world (well prior to Civil War that is). It is a great series and I look forward to seeing more of Luke Cage. I don't think his story is over just yet, but this season has me looking forward to seeing more of him in future MCU stuff. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...