Thursday 8 December 2016

AC8: Boxes of Stuff - November 2016

Only 2 boxes this time. Two DC heroes and one Marvel superhero team journey to the Futurama (see what I did there?) in Geek Fuel while Pac-Man finds himself in the worlds of Diablo III and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare in Arcade Block:



Geek Fuel
So like last time, Geek Fuel arrived first and surprisingly very promptly too. So we have two items of clothing which are a Bender t-shirt (no one is going to bite your shiny metal a** while wearing that) and hidden inside a cassette tape are a pair of socks featuring Groot and Rocket Racoon of Guardians of the Galaxy (unfortunately, I only got one complete set while the other I only got one sock of). Now I enjoy Batman as well as Wonder Woman so the mugs were good to have and they look nice too. Our Steam game for November 2016 is Dandy: Or a Brief Glimpse into the Life of the Candy Alchemist which looks to be another enjoyable game to try out. Geek Fuel's mascot is once again exploited as he appears looking like Indiana Jones as a pin badge, very nice. So along with its advertising booklets and stuff, its not a packed box, but it does have some very nice items inside so I can't complain too much.

Arcade Block
So unlike last week, Arcade Block arrived sooner than before (in fact I just received it today). So from Pac-Man, we have a Pac-Man themed lanyard because why not. From Diablo III, we have a book which I hope to read at some point because I've always been curious about the Diablo games but have never been able to get around to playing the games. From Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, we have some glasses which actually look OK given that it comes from a franchise that I personally have no interest in. From Legend of Zelda, I got a tea infuser in the form of a sword (I guess its dangerous to brew alone so I should take it). And finally, we got a t-shirt featuring retro consoles or more specifically the NES which actually looks awesome. So while it may not have things that are to do with franchises that I'm into, they make up by giving me some pretty decent items that unlike Loot Crate, are not in your face and force you to do this and that with them.

So its been a pretty good month for both boxes. I liked everything in Geek Fuel and while there were two franchises I'm not into in Arcade Block, they give me some good items from the two franchises. I'm still not into them, but I like what they got me. So for November, Geek Fuel wins, but for my second Arcade Block, its not too bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...