Thursday 11 May 2017

Boxes of Stuff - April 2017

This time, the Guardians of the Galaxy return for a second outing in Marvel Collector Corps and Gamer Block M gets everyone in Squads.

Now those of you may have noticed that I didn't include Geek Fuel this time. This is because for the first time since being a subscriber to them, I didn't receive my box. But despite that, I have chosen to remain a subscriber and having submitted a request, a replacement is being sent out so I hope to add that to this post when it eventually comes. For now, let's look at the boxes that did arrive:

Marvel Collector Corps - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
You know, since I first became a subscriber to MCC, I have always been impressed with the way they curate their boxes and make each one awesome. So kicking things off, we have a Pop figure which is Rocket Racoon and Baby Groot so kind of like a 2 for 1 deal and I like it. We then also get the Guardians ship with a smiley Star-Lord which is cute. T-shirt is great as always as are the pin badge and patch. And with this being Marvel, we get another comic which is great. So a very well thought box that covers all the best things about the Guardians and as it came before I saw the second film, it got me hyped which is good.

Gamer Block M - Squads
So squads in the gaming world normally means a team of people ready to kick ass, though it can also mean other things too. So from Halo (the game franchise that pretty much started the whole squad craze), we have a book called Halo: New Blood which will help me in my continuous learning of the Halo universe. From Fallout (the game where you get to choose your squad to help shape your style of gameplay), we have a vault number decal which is good to have in case you need to label a safe zone should an apocalypse happen. From Metroid (the game where you play as the protagonist who comes from a squad and is secretly a woman) we have an art print of the final boss in the Metroid games, Mother Brain which is pretty neat. From Tekken (not so much squad, but how each character is connected to one another says otherwise), we get a t-shirt that makes you the King of Iron Fist (depending on if you've actually played the games of course). From Overwatch (a more recent squad based game that has quickly become Blizzard's newest hit game) we have a blind figure box and presumably everybody gets a different character in each box (I forget the name of the character, but the character I got was a person carrying loot in a sack). And our Steam game (which isn't so much squad, but still pretty cool), is Camp Sunshine, a game with 8-bit graphics so I'm happy. So it mostly kept with the theme, but on a positive note, its all from things I like so I'm happy.

So until I get my replacement Geek Fuel box, I personally cannot decide between both boxes as both of them impressed me and kept me amused. However as it normally is, Gamer Block M has more variety and I can pretty much do more with the things in that box than I would with MCC so Gamer Block M, for the time being, wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...