Thursday 19 January 2023

Random Video Game Review - Röki

 
Yep, I'm looking through Steam to find games on sale at the moment again, and here we have an indie title that I have not yet reviewed at the time of typing this up. Looking at it, I can definitely say I'm into it because I now have a greater appreciation for arty looking video games, TV shows and films. It's made and published by a few companies that I know well such as CI Games and United Label of which I played games of before and my experiences of those games, are good. So yeah, not much else to say on that. Let's take a look at this one:

The game has you play as Tove, a character who is on a quest to find her brother Lars and must brave the wilderness to do just that. Over the course of her adventure, you will encounter some folklore creatures and also puzzles which, upon solving, will unlock paths deeper into the forest. It's largely a point and click game with the usual acquiring of items, chatting to people and all that jazz with a modern take on it. Plus, towards the end of the game, you start to be able to switch between characters. Pretty rich in its detail and design, I have to say.

The game is beautiful to look at with its cel-shading visuals and while looking difficult at first, it's actually quite easy to play. The scenery is good, the light voice acting is good, and the overall experience is probably a forgetful one for some. But for those that appreciate these kinds of games, it's one that will stick with you for a while, I would say. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...