Monday 8 January 2024

Random Movie Review - Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

 
Another franchise that, I think a lot of us, may have forgotten about in the last few years. As much as these iconic franchises can be popular, there are those that have a series of films, then people forget about it for a while until a new one gets released. I don't know, that's how I feel with the Indiana Jones films. I don't think any of them are outright terrible films. Of course not. They just come across to me as films that I watch, but don't feel much impact from them as an action and adventure film. Guess I'm more of an Uncharted or Tomb Raider person in that sense. Regardless, it is time to see how it all ends in this fifth and final instalment, unless Disney decide to do more because they don't know what originality is or assume they know what fans want. Let's go:

Set in 1969, Indy (reprised by Harrison Ford) has a reunion with his estranged god-daughter Helena (played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge) who reluctantly allows Indy to join her in a quest to find an artifact which if put in the hands of a Nazi turned NASA scientist called Jürgen Voller (played by Mads Mikkelson), could see the outcome of World War II, change for the worse. The artifact in question concerns a Dial which Indy had some dealings with 25 years prior.

While better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and having a feel of nostalgia, this final film is I guess not a terrible film. But for the final Indiana Jones film, it's a little underwhelming for me. The acting is fine, the scenes and set pieces are good, the action sequences are fine and even John Williams' score is good as well. Yeah, not much impact on me personally, but at least now it means that LucasFilm can completely concentrate on Star Wars, which is what they have been wanting to do. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...