Thursday 6 April 2017

Boxes of Stuff - March 2017

This time, the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Power Rangers join forces in Geek Fuel while Gamer Block M asks the question "Are you Afraid?":

Geek Fuel
So to kick things off, we get a double helping of Guardians of the Galaxy with a Groot and Rocket Racoon t-shirt featuring both varients of the characters from both films which is nice as well as a art card of one of the film posters for the new film which actually looks pretty retro. Following suite with the recent boxes, the latest pin badge is Power Rangers with one of 5 pins in every box (I got the Red Ranger) which is kind of better in the sense that everyone gets a different ranger in each box. Then just because they can, we also get a generic Elixr potion which actually changes colour which is pretty rad I have to say. And finally, our Steam game this time is Starward Rouge and for the first time ever, its a game I already have, but that's ok. So not the most packed box in the world, but we do get some pretty cool stuff so I'm happy.

Gamer Block M - Afraid?
At first, I thought the items in the box didn't fit well with the theme. But when I think about it, these franchises do set the fear level pretty high to a certain extent. So from Mass Effect, we have two keychains, one (pictured) representing the new game Andromeda and the other (not pictured) representing the original trilogy which are both nice to have. From Doom, we have the t-shirt which says Dead, I personally don't know what that means in Doom, but that's just me. From Resident Evil and I swear I already have one of these, its a pin badge representing the Umbrella Corporation. Our Steam game this time is Lucius which looks to be pretty interesting. And finally, we get a generic VR headset that you can use your smart phone with. So its a pretty decent box of stuff, but the VR headset while nice to have, is not that great for comfort.

So this month I'd say wasn't as packed as it normally is, but I liked what each box had to offer. But for March, the winner is Geek Fuel just because the items are nice and there's nothing uncomfortable in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Review - Inside Out 2

  I guess a sequel to the first makes sense here. I mean, for the most part, this franchise is all about the subject of growing up and with ...